Dr. Laura Figoski, ND is located in the Castro district of San Francisco.
She offers natural, holistic, and integrative medical care for all people, in particular, patients with metabolic syndrome, which can include diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid, adrenal and/or heart disease.
I personally went to see Laura after I was fed up with the current conventional medical approach. I wanted someone who genuinely listened (healing in itself), discussed things with me in a way that was understandable, and cared about my long-term wellbeing, not just a temporary bandage. With Laura, I finally gave my health the attention it deserves. She gave me as much time as I needed, not 7minutes like most overworked doctors these days. I was treated like a unique individual, and my prescription was clean and pure, the way nature intended…without the side affects!
I love her Practice Principles:
▪ Spend the time to listen and converse with you as a full and valuable human being.
▪ Make sure your questions are answered and teach you about how to best care for yourself.
▪ Support you on your journey of health.
▪ Build bridges with other health practitioners in order to provide you with the best care possible.
As Laura says “Naturopathic Medicine can be a little difficult to summarize; and it can mean different things to different people. Here are a few highlights about my particular approach:
▪ I am not a “touchy-feely” hippy. I am a scientifically trained doctor, with years of clinical medical experience and academic biochemistry research.
▪ I am not “anti”-drugs or “anti”-conventional medical care. I understand that all practitioners have a role to play. Naturopathy has a role, just like surgery has a role. It is my preference to exhaust natural approaches before turning to more invasive routes, but also recognize that sometimes the situation is severe enough that substantial medical intervention is required initially. I am happy to refer between appropriate practitioners and co-manage as necessary.
▪ I use nutrition, lifestyle modifications, botanicals, homeopathy and stress/emotional management techniques as my primary tools.
▪ I whole-heartedly believe that mind and body are inseparable. That one cannot heal with out addressing the other.”
“Some might call it “alternative” medicine, but I like to think of it as good common sense.”
For more information about Laura and her practice, please visit her website www.lauranaturopath.com
To contact me for a complimentary Health Consultation to discuss your wellness goals, please visit www.mybalanceandwellness.com
NOTE: I am not a doctor and these general guidelines may not be suited for everyone. These videos are made with the fact that everyone is different and has unique health requirements in mind.